TRANSPORTATION FOR A COMPETITIVE AMERICA
AASHTO members after extensive discussions and deliberations approved a series of policy statements on the next generation of federal surface transportation legislation: (1) Federalism and Reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (2) Issues in Planning and Recommendations (3) Environmental Issues and Transportation (4) Innovation for Transportation (5) Alternative Financing Proposals (6) The Bottom Line: Transportation Investment Needs 1998-2002. This report summarizes the recommendations contained in these policy statements.
- For a more detailed discussion of the issues raised in this summary report, please refer to the full reports, which are available from AASHTO.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Finance; Forecasting; Ground transportation; Innovation; Intermodal transportation; Investments; Planning; Policy; Recommendations; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00727138
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 7 1996 12:00AM