CONGESTION PRICING: RESULTS OF THE NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL REPORT, "CURBING GRIDLOCK"
The National Academy of Sciences conducted a project for the Federal Highway Administration and the Federal Transit Administration looking into the issues of congestion pricing and its impacts and effects. The result of this project was a report called "Curbing Gridlock". That report is discussed by the author and his three panel members. Some topics covered include traffic congestion, air pollution, the growth of edge cities, energy consumption, intelligent transportation systems, high occupancy vehicle strategies, congestion pricing, capital expenditures, income profiles of people using the Bay Bridge, toll collection, transportation demand, fuel efficiency, and peak hour travel.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/10527524
- Additional remarks were prepared and made by John Milliken, Steve Heminger, and Mark Pisano. These proceedings, Volume 8 of the TRF 36th Annual Conference, were funded by the UPS Foundation.
Transportation Research Forum11250-8 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 8
Reston, VA United States 20190
- Erickson, R
- Transportation Research Forum, Post-Meeting Proceedings, 36th Annual Meeting, Volume 8
- Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
- Date: 1994-11-3 to 1994-11-5
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: p. 32-52
- Publication of: Transportation Research Forum
- Publisher: Transportation Research Forum
- ISSN: 1052-7524
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality; Capital expenditures; Cities; Energy consumption; Fuel conservation; High occupancy vehicles; Impacts; Intelligent transportation systems; Peak hour traffic; Pricing; Toll collection; Traffic congestion; Travel demand management; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Gridlock
- Old TRIS Terms: Edge cities; Income profiles
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00727112
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 8
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 23 1996 12:00AM