FURTHER STUDY OF SNAP THROUGH BEHAVIOR OF CLAMPED SPHERICAL CAPS
A previous approximate analysis of the subject problem is modified in this paper by including terms which had previously been neglected in the strain energy integral. The governing equations for the displacements are expressed in uncoupled form and a Frrobenius type solution is obtained. By using a strain related parameter as the independent variable, the complete load deflection curve of the cap is generated without recourse to numerical iteration procedures.
George Washington Transportation Research Institute. Center for Intelligent Systems Research,
- Hyman, B I
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Buckling; Shells (Structural forms); Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00034883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-4 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-66-C-0154
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM