AN IMPROVED NUMERICAL INTERCONVERSION FOR CREEP COMPLIANCE AND RELAXATION MODULUS
An improved method for the numerical evaluation of the convolution integral in the relationship between creep compliance and relaxation modulus is discussed. The better approximation is obtained by the assumption that both functions can be assumed to be linear within a series of increasing time intervals which do not change as the calculation progresses. The calculation is carried out on both hypothetical and real examples which substantiates its applicability and accuracy.
Princeton UniversityFrick Chemical Laboratory
Princeton, NJ United States
- Knoff, W F
- Hopkins, I L
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Pagination: 24 p.
- Accession Number: 00034882
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RLT-134 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A-01510011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM