WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THE YEAR 2000 HIGHWAY CAPACITY MANUAL?
The Update to the 1985 Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) represents a milestone accomplishment in improving the capacity analysis techniques which are applied to the roadway facilities in the United States. In addition, this Update has been responsive to the growing level of cooperation among Highway Capacity Committee members, the research community, practitioners in the United States, and the worldwide user community. This paper is intended to provide a brief summary of what has led us to the current HCM Update and what plans exist for delivering the HCM 2000. The paper is divided into five subject areas: Communicating with Users of the HCM; International Cooperation; Current and Proposed Research Programs; Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Support Activities; and Delivering the HCM 2000.
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Zegeer, J D
- Technology Tools for Transportation Professionals - Moving into the 21st Century. Resource Papers for the 1995 International Conference.
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Date: 1995-4-9 to 1995-4-12
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: p. 179-188
- TRT Terms: Communication; Consumers; Cooperation; Delivery service; International; International compacts; Research projects
- Identifier Terms: Highway Capacity Manual; U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research programs; Users
- Old TRIS Terms: Capacity analysis techniques; Communicating
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725983
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1996 12:00AM