HIGH SPEED TRAINS FOR THE UNITED STATES? HISTORY AND OPTIONS.
This report provides an overview of the development of high speed rail systems in Europe and Japan and reviews the history of high speed rail in the United States, including a look a t Amtrak's Northeast Corridor. The report also describes high speed rail initiatives in Florida, Texas, Michigan, Washington, California, and Nevada. The conclusion speculates on the future of high speed rail and how state legislative involvement will affect the development of this mode of travel.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/10868658
National Conference of State Legislatures1560 Broadway, Suite 700
Denver, CO United States 80202
- Wilson, H K
- Goehring, J B
- Reed, J B
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 14 p.
- NCSL Transportation Series
- Publisher: National Conference of State Legislatures
- ISSN: 1086-8658
- TRT Terms: Development; High speed rail; History; Railroads; State government
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; Nihon kokuyu tetsudo
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; United States
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00725934
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 24 1996 12:00AM