WEATHER OR NOT ...
In many areas of the world, special weather warning systems can advise maintenance crews of conditions, and treatments such as salting, gritting or chemicals can be applied before ice or snow get a grip. This article looks at early weather prediction systems in Sweden (Road Weather Information System); Norway (Road Weather Station 4030); United Kingdom; Finland (Road Weather Service system); U.S. (SCAN); Germany (Fumosens E fog detector); and France (Meteo'max weather system).
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/25073860
Route One Publishing Limited6 Coronation Avenue
Nottingham NG11 7AB, England
- Publication Date: 1995-10
- Pagination: p. 47-50
- TRT Terms: Ice; Warning systems; Weather conditions; Weather forecasting; Weather stations
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Observations
- Geographic Terms: Finland; France; Germany; Norway; Sweden; United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Terminals and Facilities; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00725793
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 25 1996 12:00AM