CONTINUING PROJECT TO SYNTHESIZE INFORMATION ON HIGHWAY PROBLEMS
There exists a vast storehouse of information relating to nearly every subject of concern to highway administrators and engineers. Much of it resulted from research and much from successful application of the ideas of practitioners faced with problems in their day-to-day work. Because there has been no systematic means for bringing such useful information together and making it available to the entire highway community, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials has, through the mechanism of the National Cooperative Highway Research Program, authorized the Transportation Research Board to undertake a continuing study, NCHRP Project 20-5, "Synthesis of Information Related to Highway Problems". This study is intended to search out and synthesize useful knowledge from all possible sources and to prepare documented reports on current practices in the subject areas of concern. Reports from this endeavor constitute an NCHRP report series, Synthesis of Highway Practice, that collects and assembles the various forms of information into single closely related problems. This staff digest reports on the progress and status of NCHRP Project 20-5. It includes five tables: (1) Topics Being Studied; (2) Synthesis Topics Selected for the FY 1996 Program; (3) NCHRP Project Committee SP20-5; (4) Completed Syntheses; and (5) Index to Syntheses and Studies.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1996-7
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 212
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Documents; Highways; Information management; Information, data, and knowledge; Research; State of the art studies
- Identifier Terms: National Cooperative Highway Research Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Publications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00724930
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Aug 22 1996 12:00AM