WHAT IS AN EMC PROGRAM PLAN AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO ITS?
This paper discusses the role of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). It is important that an EMC program be implemented early in ITS development to ensure compatibility of ITS equipment and subsystems with each other and their environment. The use of current standards would greatly reduce the cost and time needed to implement an EMC program plan for ITS. If such a program is not implemented, compatibility problems could arise and cause performance degradation or malfunction of the subsystems of ITS. This paper describes EMC as it relates to ITS and how an EMC program plan would be implemented. The application of existing standards to ITS is also discussed.
- Page range: pp 1058-1065
Washington, DC United States 20036
- DeMinco, N
- Arnold, J A
- Intelligent Transportation: Realizing the Benefits. Proceedings of the 1996 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Houston, TX
- Date: 1996-4-15 to 1996-4-18
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 8p
- TRT Terms: Costs; Development; Electromagnetic compatibility; Implementation; Intelligent transportation systems; Performance; Standards; Subsystems
- Old TRIS Terms: Program
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724839
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1996 12:00AM