WAVE INTERACTION WITH LARGE SUBMERGED OBJECTS
The practical and rigorous solutions of the potential problem associated with the harmonic oscillation of a submerged rigid body of arbitrary shape is presented. The use of Green's function reduces the determination of the potential to the solution of an integral equation. The integral equation is solved numerically and the dependency of the hydrodynamic quantities such as added mass and damping coefficients of the object on the frequency of the oscillation is established. Several checks are made on the numerical results. These include the Haskind's relations check, an energy check for the radiation problem, and comparisons with closed form solutions.
Naval Postgraduate School1 University Circle
Monterey, CA USA 93943
- Bowden, P K
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Harbors; Marine terminals; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor structures; Underwater surfaces; Wave effects; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00034874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1972 12:00AM