COLLISION WARNING RADAR INTERFERENCE
This paper describes an initial investigation into potentially adverse operation of automotive collision warning radars when interference from other radar equipped vehicles are present. The potential magnitude of the problem is estimated by simulating several hypothetical scenarios. Real traffic data is obtained to determine common traffic densities. A simple radar system's operation is estimated in the typical interference environments.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Hischke, M
- Intelligent Transportation: Realizing the Benefits. Proceedings of the 1996 Annual Meeting of ITS America.
- Location: Houston, TX
- Date: 1996-4-15 to 1996-4-18
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 594-600
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Interference; Radar; Simulation; Traffic density; Warning devices
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724780
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 1996 12:00AM