THE MODEL VALIDATION OF TRAFFIC SIMULATION SYSTEM FOR URBAN ROAD NETWORKS: "AVENUE"
Recently, traffic congestion has caused serious social problems in urban areas, so that traffic assessment, which evaluates the impacts of large events or urban developments on urban traffic, is a necessity. Since the development of AVENUE (Advanced and Visual Evaluator for road Networks in Urban arEas), which includes basic functions concerning traffic flow reproduction and some driver behaviors, such as lane choice and route choice, it is required as a next step that the traffic model used in AVENUE be validated to establish its reliability. In this paper, the frameworks of the traffic model of AVENUE are briefly described, then purposing the model validation, this paper examines the applicability of AVENUE with observed traffic data including bus traffic and complicated lane usages. Based on this field application, the problems specific to the simulation of urban traffic as well as the model validity are discussed.
- Five volumes of papers and one volume of abstracts comprise the published set of conference materials.
VERTISTORANOMOM 34 MORI BUILDING 1-25-5
TORANOMON, MINATOKU, TOKYO 105 Japan
- Horiguchi, R
- Kuwahara, M
- NISHIKAWA, I
- Steps Forward. Intelligent Transport Systems World Congress
- Location: Yokohama, Japan
- Date: 1995-11-9 to 1995-11-11
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Pagination: p. 1977
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Drivers; Intelligent transportation systems; Mathematical models; Networks; Reliability; Roads; Route choice; Traffic simulation; Urban areas; Validity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Road networks
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00724413
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Volume 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 8 1996 12:00AM