INSTRUMENTATION AND EQUIPMENT FOR TESTING HIGHWAY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND PERFORMANCE
State transportation agencies were contacted and requested to submit information on new or recently added equipment and/or new uses for old or new equipment for laboratory or field testing for quality assurance and control of highway materials. Information was received from 44 agencies. The information received from the transportation agencies is separated into two categories, equipment primarily for laboratory tests and that primarily for field tests. Each category is subdivided into groups by specific equipment or type of test. The data include 312 laboratory items and 152 field items. Costs of individual items of equipment range from $10 to $340,000. Findings are presented in the form of tables containing user agencies' experiences and viewpoints on each item.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/05475570
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 70 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 36
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
Open Access (libre)
- TRT Terms: Costs; Field tests; Instrumentation; Laboratory tests; Materials; Materials tests; Performance tests; Quality assurance; State departments of transportation; Testing equipment
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00138158
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCHRP 205
- Contract Numbers: HR 20-5
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM