IN CAR COMMUNICATIONS
Traffic information is available on most commercial radio stations and some private systems. The information tends to be city wide and reports only major problems. Methods of providing local area specific information are discussed, with an emphasis on the use of the existing traffic control communications infrastructure. The objective is to display the information to the driver, within the vehicle, in audible or visual form. (a) For the covering entry of this conference, see IRRD abstract 868345.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869106635
- VALENTINE, J
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: p. 79-91
- TRT Terms: Automation; Conferences; Design; Driver information systems; Information display systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Radio; Speech; Variable message signs; Visual display units (Computers)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Visual display
- ITRD Terms: 3882: Automatic; 8531: Case study; 9098: Communication; 8525: Conference; 9011: Design (overall design); 6947: Radio; 574: Variable message sign; 8630: Visual display
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00722253
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-86910-663-5
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 28 1996 12:00AM