MESSAGING AND DIRECTORY INFRASTRUCTURES FOR IVHS
Over the last three decades the world has been developing international standards for many aspects of our commercial and private lives. These include standards for the information technology (IT) industry. These IT standards are not just for communications and networking but also include distributed applications. Such higher level standards enable large scale systems to be deployed easily, interoperate and provide consistent levels of services. With the global adoption of these 'IT infrastructure' standards, new standards groups are forming to enable national and infrastructure application systems to be developed. These, for example, include health, aviation, defence and transport systems. Such application systems will rely on sound messaging and communication infrastructure technologies if scaleability, reliability and dependency is to be achieved. This paper provides background information on: (a) IT industry development; (b) the internationally standardised messaging and directory technologies and their international deployment; (c) the IVHS system standards; (d) why these technologies are appropriate to IVHS; and (e) possible IT strategy and design methodologies that can be used for IVHS. (a) For the covering entry of this conference, see IRRD abstract 868345.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869106635
- LLOYD, A
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: p. 31-45
- TRT Terms: Communications; Conferences; Intelligent transportation systems; International; Standardization
- ITRD Terms: 8531: Case study; 9098: Communication; 8525: Conference; 9034: International; 9075: Standardization
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00722250
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-86910-663-5
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 28 1996 12:00AM