CITRAC/FEDICS - MANAGING INFORMATION FOR CO-ORDINATED AND INTEGRATED TRAFFIC CONTROL: THE FIRST STAGE IN A NATIONAL DRIVER INFORMATION AND CONTROL STRATEGY FOR SCOTLAND
CITRAC/FEDICS addresses Scotland's road and traffic problems by providing strategic wide-area and local traffic and incident management throughout Scotland's urban and inter-urban road network. External systems integration, comprehensive information gathering, reconciliation, management and dissemination, provides real-time, adaptive and predictive traffic management through a plethora of roadside devices and systems. Information is managed and traffic controlled from a traffic management centre, police control offices and regional information centres located throughout the network. Incident response incorporates pre-programmed, sophisticated and prioritised logic based traffic management plans, automatically responding to changing traffic conditions and time. Incident response may be automatic, semi-automatic or manual. On-line plan assessment, evaluation and feedback mechanisms ensure constant improvement in system performance. An open systems and modular architecture, with redundancy to ensure failsafe operation, provides a fully integrated and flexible traffic and information management systems solution, allowing information to be shared with other service providers, such as the media, automotive organisations, in-car system suppliers, public transport authorities, parking organisations, as well as other external systems and interested parties. (a) For the covering entry of this conference, see IRRD abstract 868345.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869106635
- PLATT, T
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: p. 267-85
- TRT Terms: Area traffic signal control; Arterial highways; Automation; Communications; Conferences; Continuous structures; Driver information systems; Freeways; Information management; Information organization; Information processing; Intelligent transportation systems; Prevention; Surveillance; Traffic congestion; Traffic control; Variable message signs; Vehicles
- Geographic Terms: Scotland
- ITRD Terms: 669: Area traffic control; 3882: Automatic; 8531: Case study; 9098: Communication; 8525: Conference; 632: Congestion (traffic); 9006: Continuous; 8655: Data processing; 8555: Information documentation; 2748: Main road; 2752: Motorway; 9149: Prevention; 9101: Surveillance; 654: Traffic control; 8119: United kingdom; 574: Variable message sign; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00722239
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0-86910-663-5
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 28 1996 12:00AM