OLDER PEDESTRIAN DEMONSTRATION PROJECT: FINAL REPORT
This is a summary of the reports submitted by 17 local governments describing their participation in the Older Pedestrian Demonstration Project. In that project, these local governments were funded by the Federal Government to undertake demonstrations of the types of approaches that could be taken to overcome older pedestrian safety problems. This Final Report includes a brief synopsis of each of the local governments' activities for older pedestrian safety in the funding period, and a discussion of the various methods used. It is intended that this Final Report will provide local governments around Australia with a resource document that details treatments used to improve older pedestrian safety.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0642511969
- Sponsored by Federal Office of Road Safety, Canberra.
Latitudes Pty LimitedP.O. Box 21
Nimmitabel, New South Wales 2631, Australia
- O'Neil, B
- Publication Date: 1992-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- Publication of: National Occupational Health and Safety Commission
- Publisher: National Occupational Health and Safety Commission
- ISSN: 0810-770X
- TRT Terms: Aged; Countermeasures; Demonstration projects; Local government; Methodology; Pedestrian safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00721533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- ISBN: 0642511969
- Report/Paper Numbers: CR 111, HS-042 029
- Files: HSL, TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: May 28 1996 12:00AM