FUTURE AVIATION ACTIVITIES: NINTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP, WASHINGTON, D.C., SEPTEMBER 18-20, 1995
This Circular contains the proceedings report of the Ninth International Workshop on Future Aviation Activities, the latest in a biennial series that extends back to 1979. The purpose of these workshops is to assist public and private-sector managers and decision makers in forecasting long-term trends and developments in commercial, business, and personal air transport. Topics discussed at the 1995 workshop include the domestic and international macroeconomic outlook, the structure and operating patterns of major and regional U.S. air carriers, expected developments in international aviation, aircraft and engine manufacture, trends in business aviation, civil helicopter transport services, and the future of personally owned and operated light aircraft. More than 100 invited participants, drawn from government, industry, academic institutions, and private consulting firms both here and abroad, took part in this 3-day meeting. The program consisted of three major parts: an opening plenary session featuring presentations on the broad outlook and strategic issues; eight concurrent discussion panels on sectoral trends and problems; and a concluding plenary session in which the findings and forecasts of discussion panels were presented.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Future Aviation Activities: Ninth International Workshop
- Location: National Academy of Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Date: 1995-9-18 to 1995-9-20
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 454
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Airlines; Aviation; Business aviation; Civil aviation; Commuter airlines; Domestic transportation; Engines; Forecasting; Helicopter transportation; International; International airports; Macroeconomics; Manufacturing; Private aircraft; Regional transportation; Small aircraft; Time duration; Trend (Statistics); Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Domestic airlines; Long term; Personal air transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional aviation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00721436
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: May 13 1996 12:00AM