COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENT R&M REQUIREMENTS FOR SHIPBOARD INCINERATORS
The paper compares reliability and maintainability requirements between commercial and governmental procurements specifications. A distinction is made between a manufacturer's standard product and a time-and-materials development project. In a development incinerator project for the U.S. Navy, detailed reliability and maintainability requirements were part of the contract. The results of these requirements are discussed and the effectiveness critically reviewed. Recommendations for improved procedures are included.
- Prepared for Meeting, Las Vegas, Nev, Jan 20-22,1976, Proceedings Annual Reliability Maintainability Symposium.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Marks, C H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 196-199
- TRT Terms: Incinerators; Maintainability; Reliability; Waste disposal
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00138036
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 1350 Proc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM