CONFERENCE RESOURCE DOCUMENT: DEVELOPING A VISION PLAN. OPTIONS FOR THE REGION'S TRANSPORTATION FUTURE.
This conference resource document was produced from five working groups. These groups were: (1) Technology; (2) Balancing Economic, Social, and Environmental Perspectives; (3) Financing; (4) Principles; and (5) Process. The technology group examines three broad categories: Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Telecommunications, and Vehicles and Fuels. The two perspectives considered are how technology might change our demand for travel and how technology might change the ways we travel. The second group discusses the Task Force on Growth and Transportation Report. The third group, financing, covers spending patterns - present and future, costs of facilities, consumer business spending on transportation, potential new transportation revenue options, and other issues. The fourth group gives parameters for vision planning, the Policy Element, goal assessments, and challenges. The fifth, and final group, Process. This is a Long-Range Planning Process involving two distinct and interrelated planning efforts: vision planning and constrained long-range planning.
- This is a Conference Resource Document. The Proceedings for this conference is TRIS 723542.
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments777 North Capitol Street, NE, Suite 300
Washington, DC United States 20002
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Economics; Environmental impacts; Finance; Fuels; Innovation; Intelligent transportation systems; Policy; Public participation; Revenues; Strategic planning; Technology; Telecommunications; Transportation planning; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Principles
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00727159
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 9 1996 12:00AM