MAINTENANCE WORK ZONE SAFETY DEVICES PLANS
This is volume 2 of the final report on project H-109, Maintenance Work Zone Safety Devices Development and Evaluation and contains plans and specifications of the 12 prototype safety devices that had successfully passed the several phases of the testing and evaluation conducted during the course of the study. The results of the testing and evaluation are discussed in volume 1. Included in this report are the plans for an Ultrasonic Detection Alarm, Queue Length Detector, Direction Indicator Barricade, Snow Plow Blade Markers, Flagger Gate Assembly and other work zone safety devices.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved
Strategic Highway Research ProgramNational Research Council, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Highway maintenance; Highway safety; Maintenance equipment; Safety; Safety equipment; Work area; Work zones
- Old TRIS Terms: Safety zone
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00726256
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SHRP-H-681
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 7 1996 12:00AM