NEBRASKA'S STATEWIDE LONG-RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLAN: FUTURE TRANSPORTATION IN NEBRASKA 1995-2015
This Long-Range Statewide Transportation Plan has been developed under the direction of the Nebraska Department of Roads in coordination with other state, local and tribal agencies and transportation oriented organizations. Unlike most other states, Nebraska transportation responsibility is segmented among several state agencies, commissions and councils. Therefore, several agencies have assisted in and contributed to this plan. These are agencies responsible for maintaining, operating, or regulating, a transportation facility or operation, and include the State Patrol, Game and Parks Commission, Public Service Commission, Department of Social Services, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, Tribal Governments, the Department of Economic Development, the Department of Aeronautics and others. The plan addresses all types (modes) of surface transportation including railroads, highways, roads and streets, mass transportation, trucking, barge, bicycle and pedestrian facilities and airports. Adequate connections, or linking between the various modes to facilitate the transfer of passenger or freight from one mode to another are discussed. All levels of transportation are included, not just those in which the Department of Roads has responsibility. The purpose of this plan is to provide a vision for transportation development in Nebraska over the next twenty years. Some of the issues discussed in the plan developed from a Long-Range Transportation Planning Workshop held in August 1994, involving over 100 public participants having an interest in transportation.
- Record URL:
- Contains 2 documents: Executive Summary and body of report. Publication date for Executive Summary is August 1995. Executive Summary contains 33 pages. The body of the report is much larger, and is variably paged.
Nebraska Department of Roads1500 Highway 2, P.O. Box 94759
Lincoln, NE United States 68509
- Publication Date: 1995-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Barges; Bicycles; Government agencies; Ground transportation; Highways; Links (Networks); Long range planning; Pedestrians; Public participation; Public transit; Railroads; Roads; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Trucking
- Uncontrolled Terms: Agencies; Links
- Geographic Terms: Nebraska
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00726015
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 25 1996 12:00AM