IMPACT ASSESSMENT OF THE REGULATION OF HEAVY TRUCK OPERATIONS
This report provides the results of a literature review of heavy vehicle impacts, it describes the design of a truck usage survey for the New York State (NYS) divisible-load permit vehicle fleet, it discusses the questionnaire design for the truck usage survey, it provides the results of the first survey, and it provides a preliminary analysis of the primary economic impact analysis of the permit vehicle operations. Also, a brief discussion of the methodology for the secondary economic impact analysis is provided, as is a preliminary pavement damage assessment methodology and the results of its application. Finally, the scope of work for the second year of this project is presented.
- This research was sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program.
University Transportation Research CenterCity College of New York
Marshak Hall, Suite 910, 160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY United States 10031
- Meyburg, A H
- Schuler, R E
- Publication Date: 1991-1
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Assessments; Data collection; Defects; Economic impacts; Economics; Governments; Heavy vehicles; Impacts; Infrastructure; Load limits; Methodology; Operations; Pavements; Permits; Policy; Private enterprise; Regulations; Surveys; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement damage
- Old TRIS Terms: Public
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725846
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM