URBAN IVHS: SUMMARY OF QUESTIONNAIRE SURVEYS ON IVHS INFORMATION NEEDS BY TRANSPORTATION AGENCIES IN THE METROPOLITAN NEW YORK AREA
This report presents the results of the two questionnaire surveys performed as part of Polytechnic University's study entitled "A Comparative Needs Assessment of Urban IVHS Information," which was part of the Paris-New York Urban Cooperative Studies. In the first half of the report, the results of analysis of the responses for the first questionnaire survey were presented. This survey was performed to identify the present state of practice on traffic data collection by the three transportation agencies; Metropolitan Transportation Authority Tunnels and Bridges (MTABT), Port Authority of New York/New Jersey (PA), and the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT), in the Metropolitan New York area. The second questionnaire survey was administered to assess the availability and reliability of present information and agencies' information needs.
- This research was sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program.
Marshak Hall, Suite 910, 160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY United States 10031
- Saito, M
- Silva, W N
- Publication Date: 1995-6
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Government agencies; Intelligent transportation systems; Metropolitan areas; Questionnaires; Surveys; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Agencies
- Geographic Terms: New York Metropolitan Area
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725840
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM