APPLICATIONS OF TRAFFIC MODELS: SUMMARY REPORTS FOR IMPACT ANALYSES AND COMPARISON OF DELAY AMONGST MODELS IMPROVING THE KNOWLEDGE BASE AND TOOLS FOR TRANSPORTATION
As a result of discussions with users, reinforced by the experience of the authors, two priorities were established for this phase of the project: (1) developing a systematic way of creating summary tables from the collection of intersection analyses typically found in a traffic impact evaluation, and (2) providing some understanding of how delay estimates generated by various traffic models interrelate. To meet the first priority, a spreadsheet template and an associated program (transparent to the user) was developed which allows the user to: (1) define case names in an orderly manner, (2) use a spreadsheet macro to load HCM intersection results into the template, and (3) use other macros to print common summary tables of the results, highlighting significant changes in the v/c ratios. To meet the second priority, two real-world arterials totalling 17 intersections were analyzed by three different traffic models (HCM, TRANYT7F, PASSER).
- This research was sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program.
Marshak Hall, Suite 910, 160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY United States 10031
- Mcshane, W R
- List, G
- Prassas, E
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Applications; Approach lanes; Delays; Evaluation; Expert systems; Impacts; Intersections; Spreadsheets; Studies; Tables (Data); Tools; Traffic delays; Traffic models; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parameters
- Old TRIS Terms: Intersection approach
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725833
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM