APPLICATIONS OF TRAFFIC MODELS: SUMMARY REPORTS FOR IMPACT ANALYSES AND COMPARISON OF DELAY AMONGST MODELS IMPROVING THE KNOWLEDGE BASE AND TOOLS FOR TRANSPORTATION
As a result of discussions with users, reinforced by the experience of the authors, two priorities were established for this phase of the project: (1) developing a systematic way of creating summary tables from the collection of intersection analyses typically found in a traffic impact evaluation, and (2) providing some understanding of how delay estimates generated by various traffic models interrelate. To meet the first priority, a spreadsheet template and an associated program (transparent to the user) was developed which allows the user to: (1) define case names in an orderly manner, (2) use a spreadsheet macro to load HCM intersection results into the template, and (3) use other macros to print common summary tables of the results, highlighting significant changes in the v/c ratios. To meet the second priority, two real-world arterials totalling 17 intersections were analyzed by three different traffic models (HCM, TRANYT7F, PASSER).
- This research was sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program.
University Transportation Research CenterCity College of New York
Marshak Hall, Suite 910, 160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY United States 10031
- Mcshane, W R
- List, G
- Prassas, E
- Publication Date: 1991-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Analysis; Applications; Approach lanes; Delays; Evaluation; Expert systems; Impacts; Intersections; Spreadsheets; Studies; Tables (Data); Tools; Traffic delays; Traffic models; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Parameters
- Old TRIS Terms: Intersection approach
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725833
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM