THE OUTLOOK AND PROBLEMS RELATING TO THE FUTURE OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION
The structure and content of this report are based on the work plan provided by Public Planning and Policy Studies, Inc., a consultancy located in Tokyo, Japan. The scope of the project involved the following issues: an evaluation of existing highways and roads in the United States and the examination of travel behavior and freight movement trends; the identification of current and developing travel demand management techniques and Intelligent Transportation System technologies; the impact of industrial change on transportation needs; and a general assessment of various factors (social, economic, political) that will affect the shape and role of transportation in the United States.
- This research was sponsored by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation's University Transportation Centers Program.
Marshak Hall, Suite 910, 160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY United States 10031
- Nakanishi, Y J
- Paaswell, R E
- Publication Date: 1996-5
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Economic factors; Evaluation; Freight traffic; Highway transportation; Intelligent transportation systems; Planning; Political factors; Social factors; Studies; Travel behavior; Travel demand management; Trend (Statistics)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725826
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM