INCORPORATED MUNICIPALITIES, MUNICIPAL OFFICIALS AND STATE STREET AID ALLOCATIONS (NORTH CAROLINA, 1995)
Annually, the North Carolina Department of Transportation makes State street aid allocations from the State Highway Fund to eligible and qualifying municipalities as provided by General Statutes 136-41.1 through 136-41.3. In order for the cities and towns to participate in these allocations, each municipality is required to furnish pertinent data to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. As a result, the Program Development Branch of the Division of Highways, Department of Transportation, has much municipal data in its files which are not readily available to other government agencies and the general public. In an effort to share this information, this Branch has compiled: (1) a list of all legally incorporated municipalities in North Carolina, showing the county in which they are located; (2) the names of municipal officials in "active" cities and towns; (3) the amounts of State street aid allocations paid to the participating municipalities, along with population and local city street mileage; and (4) a summary of expenditures and balances of State street aid as reported by the participating municipalities.
Raleigh, NC United States 27611
- Publication Date: 1995-10
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Cities and towns; City government; Expenditures; Population; State aid; State departments of transportation; Streets
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Mileage
- Geographic Terms: North Carolina
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00724623
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 1996 12:00AM