GUIDE TO THE CHARACTERISTICS, PERFORMANCE AND SELECTION OF PAVING ASPHALTS
The Transportation Association of Canada has sponsored the development of a guide to the characteristics, performance and selection of paving asphalts based on the best information currently available on: 1. Canadian climatic conditions; 2. sources and characteristics of asphalts used in Canada; 3. Canadian pavement performance data; 4. current provincial asphalt specifications and test procedures; 5. the likely impacts of the results of the Strategic Highway Research Program asphalt research results; and 6. use of premium and polymer modified asphalts. The User Guide is intended to be used as a supplement to the Canadian Standards Board (CGSB) standard (CAN/CGSB-16.3-M90) and contains step by step procedures with worked examples for the selection of asphalts for any paving project in Canada based on climatic conditions and anticipated traffic levels.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1551870940
- Project Number 1316. This report contains the User Guide as well as detailed documentation of the research that led to its development. The User Guide itself is available from TAC as a separate document.
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1G 4J8
- DAWLEY, C
- Pulles, B
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt cement; Asphalt pavements; Climate; Design; Durability; Guides to information; Pavement performance; Polymer asphalt; Properties of materials; Research; Roads; Specifications; Traffic counts
- Identifier Terms: Strategic Highway Research Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Characteristics; Selection; Sources
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; Research; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00724570
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1551870940
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 14 1996 12:00AM