TAC USER GUIDE TO CAN/CGSB-16-3-M90 "ASPHALT CEMENTS FOR ROAD PURPOSES"
The Transportation Association of Canada has sponsored the development of this User Guide to the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) specification ("Asphalt Cements for Road Purposes" (CAN/CGSB-16-3-M90)) based on the best information currently available on: 1. Canadian climatic conditions; 2. sources and characteristics of asphalts used in Canada; 3. Canadian pavement performance data; 4. current provincial asphalt specifications and test procedures; 5. the likely impacts of the results of the Strategic Highway Research Program asphalt research results; and 6. use of premium and polymer modified asphalts. The User Guide is intended to be used as a supplement to the CGSB standard and contains step by step procedures with worked examples for the selection of asphalts for any paving project in Canada based on climatic conditions and anticipated traffic levels.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/1551870967
- Project Number 1316. This is the User Guide only. A detailed final report is also available which contains full documentation of the research that led to the development of the User Guide.
EBA Engineering Consultants14535 - 118 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5L 2M7, Canada
- DAWLEY, C
- Pulles, B
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt cement; Asphalt pavements; Climate; Design; Durability; Guides to information; Pavement performance; Polymer asphalt; Properties of materials; Roads; Specifications; Traffic counts
- Identifier Terms: Strategic Highway Research Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Characteristics; Selection; Sources
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00724563
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 1551870967
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 13 1996 12:00AM