TRANSIT FOR TOMORROW
The goal of the "Transit for Tomorrow" conference was to provide elected and appointed officials with an overview of transportation modes and to illustrate, given the characteristics of the Charlotte metropolitan region, how these modes might serve them. The morning session was designed to present an overview of public transportation modes as well as present conditions of the Charlotte metropolitan area. The afternoon session consisted of three sequential panels, each reviewing different transportation service in greater detail. To assist, nationally recognized public transportation experts provided perspective on Charlotte area circumstances.
University of North Carolina, CharlotteCenter for Interdisciplinary Studies, 9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC United States 28223
- Goulstone, A M
- Publication Date: 1992-3-26
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Mode choice; Public transit; Regional planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00724369
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TPR No. 73
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 2 1996 12:00AM