TRANSPORTATION ACTION: A LOCAL INPUT MODEL TO ENGAGE COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION PLANNING. NOTEBOOK
The North Central Regional Center for Rural Development, in collaboration with the USDA, developed a curriculum titled "Transportation Action: A Local Input Model to Engage Community Transportation Planning". The model seeks to marry technical information with a decision making process that assists rural communities in transportation planning. The process includes creating public dialogue, identifying transportation issues, and developing solutions. Successful completion of the program will provide a blueprint for local action. The model consists of 10 steps through which a community might learn more about transportation and take a more proactive role in planning its transportation future. Included in the 10 steps are four meetings. A suggested agenda is provided, along with preparation material for the facilitator, camera-ready copy of exercises for community participants, and masters for overhead transparencies.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0936913118
- Prepared in cooperation with the Transportation and Marketing Division of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
North Central Regional Center for Rural Development404 East Hall
Ames, IA United States 50011-1070
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Stommes, E
- Borich, T O
- Ayres, J
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Decision making; Mathematical models; Public participation; Rural areas; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00724296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- ISBN: 0936913118
- Report/Paper Numbers: RRD 174
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 3 1996 12:00AM