CHARLOTTE COUNTY TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN
This five-year Transit Development Plan (TDP) for the Punta Gorda-Port Charlotte urbanized area undertook a thorough analysis of the local community to determine options for providing public transportation services locally. The study created a detailed Public Involvement Plan (PIP), to ensure adequate and meaningful participation by members of the community. In addition, CUTR analyzed the demographic and land use features of the county, and generated a series of maps showing these characteristics. Trip attractors and generators also were identified and plotted on a series of maps to determine where the potential demand for transit service might be.
- Prepared for Charlotte County-Punta Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization, in cooperation with Florida Department of Transportation.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-5-13
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Demand; Demographics; Development; Land use; Public participation; Public transit; Traffic estimation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Land use effects; Transit development plan
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00723630
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1996 12:00AM