CONCURRENT-LANE HOV SAFETY
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety effects, if any, of concurrent-lane HOV implementations, and to recommend, on the basis of safety, one or more of the various measures used to separate HOV lanes from adjacent mainlanes. A literature search was undertaken to ascertain the results of research on various existing projects. The documents reviewed herein were found via database searches, telephone contacts, and references in other documents.
Hampton Roads Planning District Commission723 Woodlake Drive
Chesapeake, VA United States 23320
- Case, R B
- Publication Date: 1995-6
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: High occupancy vehicle lanes; Lane distribution; Research; Safety; Traffic lanes; Traffic safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Safety research
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00723219
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 28 1996 12:00AM