TEXAS/MEXICO BORDER TECHNOLOGY EXCHANGE PROGRAM: 1995 ANNUAL REPORT
This annual report on the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Border Technology Exchange Program (BTEP) with Mexico provides a brief summary of how the original budget allocation ($25,000; September 1994 - April 1995) was spent as well as a more detailed summary of activities since receipt of the later allocations (April 1995 - December 1995). Also included is a revised work plan and proposed budget for 1996 detailing how TxDOT plans to use the $33,000 beyond the $127,000 originally budgeted in last year's work plan. The focus of the TxDOT BTEP plan has been to implement the U.S.-Mexican Joint Working Committee's (JWC) policy on Border Technology Exchange. According to the JWC policy, the objectives of the program are to: establish a permanent technology exchange process in the border region; achieve institutional and technical compatibility through shared understanding; improve transportation systems in the border region through coordination, cooperation and innovation; and enhance professional capabilities in transportation.
Texas Department of TransportationEcological Resources Management Branch, Environmental Affairs Division, 11th and Brazos Streets
Austin, TX United States 78701
- Publication Date: 1995-1-3
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Cooperation; Infrastructure; International; International compacts; Network analysis (Planning); Proposals; State departments of transportation; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compatibility; Fund allocations
- Geographic Terms: Texas; Texas-Mexico Border region
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00722519
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 12 1996 12:00AM