CONDUCT OF BACKGROUND RESEARCH FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SURFACE TRANSPORTATION POLICY CONFERENCE IN CALIFORNIA, "GLOBAL COOPERATION THROUGH TRANSPORTATION: JOINING FORCES ACROSS BORDERS"
The purpose of this study was to identify the recommended elements for an International Surface Transportation Policy Conference to be held in California in early 1997. The purpose of the conference is to develop U.S. leaders' and transportation professionals' awareness of focal areas where they can learn from "best practices" of their colleagues in other nations and to provide advice and guidance to California and U.S. surface transportation policy leaders, particularly in light of the need for reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA). Recognizing that actions affecting the environment cannot be confined to any city, state or country, the conference is recommended to be entitled "Global Cooperation Through Transportation: Joining Forces Across Borders". The target audience of 200 attendees will be influential policymakers and business leaders involved in aspects of transportation. The conference agenda will include general "white paper" discussions on transportation issues and more detailed case studies of how policies have been implemented in specific locations. Recommended speakers and discussants, as well as an Honorary Committee to be convened, represent all areas of the globe.
San Jose State UniversityMineta International Institute for Surface Transportation Policy Studies
San Jose, CA United States 95192-0219
Sacramento, CA United States 95819
- MURRAY, G
- Canziani, B
- Gray, G
- Hibshoosh, A
- Publication Date: 1996-6
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Ground transportation; International; International compacts; Technology transfer; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Information transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference planning
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00727211
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: IISTPS Report 96-2,, A94 RM63,, CA/OR-96/17
- Contract Numbers: 65V 430
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 4 1996 12:00AM