EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: U.S. FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION FORECAST...TO 2004.
Freight transportation will grow at a steady clip into the next decade, but the market continues to change and grow in new directions. This report provides an analysis of the nation's present and future freight transportation industry to the year 2004. By assembling data on the volume, transport revenue, and modal distribution of commodities moving within the United States, a comprehensive economic picture of the domestic freight market has been developed. The market analysis, combined with projections of economic trade trends, provides the basis for forecasts for the U.S. transportation market from 1994 to 2004.
- Prepared by DRI/McGraw-Hill and supplementary analysis by Martin Labbe Associates.
Alexandria, VA United States 22314-4686
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Commodities; Economic forecasting; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Modal split; Mode S; Pipeline transportation; Rail (Railroads); Revenues; Shipments; Shipping; Trend (Statistics); Trucking; Waterways
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Domestic shipping analysis; Modal distribution; Waterways (Transportation)
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Pipelines; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00727158
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Second Annual Report 2/96
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 9 1996 12:00AM