STARTING A SHORT LINE. A REVIEW OF THE FUNDAMENTALS OF STARTING A SHORT LINE RAILROAD
This publication is written for the entrepreneurs or shippers who are voluntarily or involuntarily getting into the railroad business for the first time. The subject matter covers the following: (1) Evolution of the Short Line Railroad; (2) Feasibility; (3) Labor; (4) Business Form and Ownership Structure; (5) Negotiating Acquisition of Rail Property; (6) Financing; (7) Regulation; (8) Planning for Start-Up; (9) Observations and Conclusions.
The American Short Line Railroad Association2000 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- McCaffrey Jr, R L
- Gilbertson, P A
- Publication Date: 1983-8
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Evolution; Feasibility analysis; Financing; Labor negotiations; Labor relations; Ownership; Property acquisition; Regulations; Short line railroads; Starting (Driving); Taxation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Starting
- Subject Areas: Environment; History; Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00727156
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 9 1996 12:00AM