CRISIS AHEAD: AMERICA'S AGING HIGHWAYS AND AIRWAYS
The American Automobile Association of America seeks to bring to the attention of the American public the rapidly deteriorating state of our highways, bridges and air traffic control system. This report addresses the vital role that transportation plays in our society; the effects of a strong transportation system on our economy; the influence of transportation on time; the safety of our transportation system and highways; the deterioration of our highways and bridges; some of the improvements necessary for a safe highway system; the air traffic control system and its financial needs; highway and airway trust funds; and the steps our citizens need to take to achieve a first rate transportation system.
American Automobile AssociationNational Office Public Relations, 1000 AAA Drive
Heathrow, FL United States 32746-5063
- Publication Date: 1996-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airways; Bridges; Deterioration; Economic factors; Financing; Highway safety; Highways; Infrastructure; Time
- Identifier Terms: Airport and Airway Trust Fund; Highway Trust Fund
- Uncontrolled Terms: Economy
- Old TRIS Terms: Aging; Airport and airway trust
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Bridges and other structures; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00727056
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 9 1996 12:00AM