WHICH VALUES OF SAFETY SHOULD BE USED IN CAPITAL BUDGETING OF ROAD TRAFFIC
VILKA RISKVAERDEN BOER ANVAENDAS I INVESTERINGKALKYLER I TRAFIKEN
The report will look at some fundamental criteria of producing relevant values of safety, which are used in economic appraisals of road safety measures. The aim is to find possible explanations to the wide variation in the research results. Some studies using the contingent valuation- and revealed preference-method are reviewed. After this review the following can be concluded: the starting point in terms of initial risk is likely to differ between different studies.
- Text in Swedish, summary in English. Also pub. as Lund Univ., Dept. of Traffic Planning and Engineering rept. no BULL-128. Sponsored by Swedish Transport and Communications Research Board, Stockholm.
Lund University of Technology, SwedenFack S-22007
Lind 7, Sweden
- PERSSON, U
- WINSLOTT, L
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital expenditures; Highway safety; Risk assessment; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00726787
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 19 1996 12:00AM