DIRECTORY OF USER INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN PUBLIC TRANSIT
User information systems offer the capacity to improve the quantity and quality of information given to riders of public transit. This directory provides a short description of 57 such systems used in North America and Europe, including passive and interactive systems; systems that provide information at home, on board vehicles, at strategic positions, and at transit stops; systems supported by automatic vehicle location systems; and systems providing such information as timetables, routes, fares, bus location, next-stop announcements, advertising, and arrival times. The directory also gives names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the providers and users of these systems.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/2550224436
Quebec Ministry of Transport, Canada875 East, Grande Allee
Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4K9, Canada
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Directories; Information systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Public transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00726774
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 2550224436
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 22 1996 12:00AM