CONCEPT FOR ADAPTIVE PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION ON COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT AIRCRAFT
An adaptive control method is presented for the minimization of drag during flight for transport aircraft. The minimization of drag is achieved by taking advantage of the redundant control capability available in the pitch axis, with the horizontal tail used as the primary surface and symmetric deflection of the ailerons and cruise flaps used as additional controls. The method is presented for the optimization of one and two control surfaces. The adaptive control method is extended to optimize rate of climb with a throttle fixed.
Honeywell3660 Technology Drive
Minneapolis, MN United States 55418
- Publication Date: 1995-9-1
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Control systems; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Commercial sector
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00726759
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAS 1.26:186034,, H-2072,, NASA-CR-186034
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 19 1996 12:00AM