PROPERTIES OF ALTERNATIVE FUELS
This report is intended to serve as a cenvenient reference tool for transit managers and other fleet managers on the properties of alternative (vehicle) fuels. The report contains information on a variety of fuel properties for a number of alternative fuels that are under consideration for transit bus fleets. Properties of conventional fuels are included for comparison purposes. The data is presented on charts/tables that profile the following fuels: hydrogen, compressed natural gas, propane gas, methanol, ethanol, biodiesel, gasoline and diesel. For each fuel, key properties are listed under the following categories: physical properties, chemical composition, combustion properties, energy content, energy comparison, and health properties. The accompanying literature reference and glossary provide additional information in terms of the origin, derivation, and meaning of the data in the tables.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-10
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Alternatives analysis; Buses; Fleet management; Fuel composition
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel properties
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment; I90: Vehicles;
- Accession Number: 00726696
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 2 1996 12:00AM