SPEED MEASUREMENTS AND SUBJECTIVE APPRAISAL BEFORE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF INFRASTRUCTURAL APPLICATIONS IN THE RESEARCH PROJECT "SPEED LIMITING MEASURES ON 80 KM/H ROADS IN THE PROVINCE OF DRENTHE"
METINGEN VAN SNELHEID EN SUBJECTIEVE BELEVING VOORAFGAANDE AAN DE INVOERING VAN INFRASTRUCTURELE AANPASSINGEN IN HET PROJECT "SNELHEIDSBEPERKENDE MAATREGELEN OP 8O-KM WEGEN IN DRENTHE"
This report records measurements executed before the implementation of a set of infrastructural measures to limit driving speed on various roads in the Dutch province Drenthe. These measurements consist of driving speed and subjective appraisal of the road environment by using the Road Environment Construct List (RECL). The measurements will serve as reference to assess the presence and extent of effects after implementation of the measures. It appeared that driving speed on the roads was clearly above the legal limit. The proportion of "genuine offenders" was rarely below 50%, especially at night. With respect to subjective appraisal it was investigated what appraisal a group of drivers on the particular roads were expressing for in the RECL. The sixteen RECL constructs are, as usual, summarized in three composite factors, called "Hedonic value", "Activational value", and "Perceptual variation".
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/906807248X
RIJKSUNIVERSITEIT GRONINGEN, VERKEERSKUNDIG STUDIECENTRUMPO BOX 69
HAREN, Netherlands 9750 AB
- Steyvers, FJJM
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- Issue Number: VK 92-11
- TRT Terms: Age; Alignment; Crimes; Drivers; Environment; Evaluation and assessment; Highway design; Interviewing; License plates; Measurement; Methodology; Perception; Psychology; Recording; Speed; Speed limits; Television; Test tracks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 1757: Age; 2894: Alignment; 1772: Driver; 2455: Environment; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 2855: Highway design; 9147: Interview; 6136: Measurement; 9102: Method; 8078: Netherlands; 1346: Number plate; 1516: Offence; 2229: Perception; 2255: Psychology; 6969: Recording; 5408: Speed; 624: Speed limit; 6949: Television; 2789: Test track
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00726467
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- ISBN: 90-6807-248-X
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Oct 28 1996 12:00AM