DIRECTIONS. THE FINAL REPORT OF THE ROYAL COMMISSION ON NATIONAL PASSENGER TRANSPORTATION
In 1989, the Royal Commission was asked to establish guideposts for the passenger transportation system that Canadian travellers will use well into the next century and to develop sensible recommendations for the system's future. The resulting 4 volume set, volumes 1 and 2 comprise the report and volumes 3 and 4 incorporate supporting research and survey studies, provide an indepth review of past, present and proposals for the furure. Included are topics detailing an historic perspective, taxation, environmental and safety issues, transportation infrastructure, needs and requirements for the elderly and disabled, transportation investment, intermodal transportation issues, legislation and legal issues, financing and cost considerations and proposals for meeting future transportation needs and demands of citizens, industry and the government.
- 4 volume set, ISBN 0-660-14092-6.
Royal Commission on National Passenger TransportationP.O. Box 1665, Station B
Ottawa K1P 6P8, Canada
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 3417 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automobiles; Bus transit operations; Ferry service; Forecasting; Infrastructure; Intermodal transportation; Needs assessment; Planning; Public transit; Rail transit; Traffic forecasting; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Travel; Travel demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Future development; Intermodal integration; Rail transit systems; Transit planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00726270
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4 volumes
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 9 1996 12:00AM