WATERWAYS DREDGED MATERIAL CONTAINMENT AREAS STUDY
The Savannah District Corps of Engineers completed an operations and maintenance study of the disposal of dredged maintenance material in Savannah Harbor in April of 1982. That office is now in the process of updating its study in light of their currently proposed operating plan. In this report, the Georgia Department of Transportation has undertaken a geotechnical study of all of the inner harbor disposal areas. This study provides an operating plan through the year 2000. It generally addresses the present capabilities of existing disposal areas, predicted future dredging and storage requirements, and costs and schedules. These items have been combined to produce a maintenance dredging management plan which can be used to direct future dredging activities for Savannah Harbor, the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway and Brunswick Harbor. This report examines the ownership and cost to local sponsors of managing the disposal areas.
Georgia Department of TransportationOne Georgia Center
600 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA United States 30308
- Publication Date: 1989-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 226 p.
- TRT Terms: Areas; Containing equipment; Costs; Dredged materials; Geotechnical engineering; Handling and storage; Harbors; Management; Ownership; Planning; Schedules; Storage facilities; Studies; Waste disposal; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Containment; Disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00726027
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1996 12:00AM