2020 FLORIDA TRANSPORTATION PLAN - 1997 SHORT RANGE COMPONENT: MOVING INTO THE 21ST CENTURY
The 1997 Short Range Component documents key transportation issues which must be addressed to advance the Florida Department of Transportation's programs toward achievement of their long range goals as they move into the 21st century. Using the 2020 Florida Transportation Plan as the blueprint, this Short Range Component identifies strategic issues for the years 1997-2006. The Florida Transportation Plan establishes four goals to address Florida's future transportation needs. These goals involve traffic safety, the state highway system, provision of an interconnected transportation system, and providing travel choices to support Florida's communities. This Short Range Component identifies strategic issues within each goal and then establishes short range objectives, including benchmarks against which performance can be measured. Key activities implementing each objective have also been identified.
- Department of Transportation Agency Strategic Plan for 1997 - 2006.
Gainesville, FL United States 32602
- Publication Date: 1996-7-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Benchmarks; Highways; Mode choice; Performance; State highways; Strategic planning; Traffic safety; Transportation planning
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway systems; Interconnections; Short range
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00726022
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Draft
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 26 1996 12:00AM