IOWA'S CLEAN AIR ATTAINMENT PROGRAM
To reflect the spirit of Congress in establishing the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) program under the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 (ISTEA) and to realize clean air with passage of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 (CAAA), the Iowa Department of Transportation has chosen to implement a compatible program for Iowa (Iowa's Clean Air Attainment Program). Iowa's program will be implemented through a statewide competitive application procedure which will evaluate all competing interests for the use of Surface Transportation Program (STP) or CMAQ funds made available to Iowa under this federal program. While subject to annual funding decisions, the purpose of Iowa's program is to direct $4.7 million of federal funds to those projects with the highest potential for reducing congestion and pollution and thereby maintain the clean air quality of Iowa. This pamphlet further discusses the projects, administration, and funding of Iowa's Clean Air Attainment program.
Des Moines, IA United States 50319
- Publication Date: 1995-5
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Environmental protection; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Finance; Financing; Ground transportation; Traffic congestion; Traffic mitigation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00726018
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 25 1996 12:00AM