TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM FOR TRANSPORTATION: AN INVESTMENT IN FLORIDA'S FUTURE
This memorandum describes the methodologies used in "Transportation: An Investment in Florida's Future". That report describes research into the economic value of transportation infrastructure conducted by the Center for Urban Transportation Research for the Florida Transportation Commission and Floridians for Better Transportation. Section 2 of this memorandum discusses general issues regarding transportation investments. The third section describes various methodologies that were considered for the study and the ones that were selected. Methodologies discussed include input-output analysis, production function analysis, and benefit-cost analysis. The final section describes the application of the methodologies.
- Prepared for Florida Transportation Commission and Floridians for Better Transportation.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1996-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Costs; Economic development; Functional analysis; Infrastructure; Input output models; Investments; Production; Research; Research management
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Function analysis
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00726014
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 25 1996 12:00AM