THE GOVERNOR'S BLUE RIBBON TRANSPORTATION TASK FORCE: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MAXIMIZING THE EFFICIENT USE OF IOWA'S ROAD USE TAX FUND
On June 21, 1995 the Governor of Iowa established a Road Use Tax Fund Blue Ribbon Committee, charged with finding better methods in which to maximize the benefits of each dollar spent from the Road Use Tax Fund. This document reports the recommendations from that committee. If implemented, these recommendations may produce annual savings in the magnitude of almost $40 million, and free this amount for roadway construction. The recommendations focus on three primary areas. These areas are sharing resources between the various road authorities, making technological improvements in the way that these authorities conduct their activities, and taking advantage of strategic opportunities to outsource functions that are not core competencies of the transportation agencies.
Blue Ribbon Transportation Task ForceSioux City, IA United States
- Publication Date: 1995-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracting out; Finance; Financing; Maximization; Natural resources; Roads; Taxes; Technology transfer; Transportation; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sharing; Technology utilization
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Finance; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00725956
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 5 1996 12:00AM