SURVEY OF PRECAST PRESTRESSED CONCRETE PARKING STRUCTURES
Prestressed concrete has become a standard construction method for parking structures, primarily because of the capability for long clear spans at a competitive cost. Other important advantages include fast construction time, adaptability to a wide variety of architectural designs, and fire resistance. This research project includes: a questionnaire survey of precast, prestressed concrete producers and parking structure designers; a field survey of at least 35 structures representing a broad cross-section of size, construction type, and climatic exposure; a description of those aspects of precast concrete structures which perform well; and identification of problems and recommendations to help solve these problems.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0937040320
- This project prepared by The Consulting Engineers Group Incorporated, 1701 E. Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL, 60025.
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1986
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Design; Parking; Performance; Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete; Recommendations; Structures; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance characteristics
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Research; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00725940
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0937040320
- Report/Paper Numbers: Research Project No. 7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 24 1996 12:00AM